Everyone has almost certainly read some good inflation sequences in their time as an inflation fetishist. Whether the inflatee bursts, returns to normal, or simply stays inflated, we all crave reading the transformation from human to human blimp.
Have you ever wondered what happens after the curtain falls on an inflation story? If you don’t, you should. Inflated people still have lives to live, whether they are interesting or not, and relatively few stories in inflationdom have explored how a college student, a doctor, or a stock broker live as a human balloon.
That’s about to change.
- Your story must be based on the concept of an epilogue, in which an inflatee adapts to his/her new condition. The epilogue must be at least 400 words.
- (OPTIONAL) Prior to the epilogue, you may also choose to include a description of how the inflatee came to be inflated.
- Your entire story may not exceed 1250 words.
- No popping or deflating, although the possibility of either happening at a later date could be discussed. The idea is that the inflatee will be inflated for a long time (possibly permanently) and must make the best of his/her situation for the foreseeable future.
All other general rules apply.
The awards up for grabs are:
- Best Story – This story best satisfies the requirements of the contest, is the most technically sound (spelling, grammar, punctuation, overall structure), and is generally superior to the others. The Best Story is considered the overall winner of the contest.
- Sexiest Story – No explanation necessary.
- Funniest Story – No explanation necessary.
- Most Profound Epilogue – This story featured a particularly creative epilogue and explored aspects of inflated life never before considered.
All entries must be received by 11:59pm Eastern Daylight Time on Friday, April 20, 2012.
Thanks to notsosupersaiyan for providing the inspiration for this contest.