Prose that Blows X – We’re Dedicated Swallowers of Fashion
Good day to you all from Prose that Blows’ new contest administrators Carnatic and Notsosupersaiyan. It has been almost a year now since Pakona first contacted us to ask if we would take over the running of the contest as real life priorities left them with not enough time to run it. Truth be told, we haven’t exactly been flush with time either and can only apologize for the length of time taken to reach this point. We would both like to thank Pakona and DoubleIntegral for their hard work in running 8 and a half of the previous contests and hope to continue the success story which they have been responsible for more than anyone else.
Carnatic is a long-time writer and part-time artist within the inflation community, he has a particular preference for female inflation with air, and especially popping (of the clean variety), he initiated the first Prose that Blows back in 2009 before being forced to take a back seat. He is currently working on an inflation thesaurus and a guide to writing inflation literature and is a keen advocate of getting more people in the community writing.
Notsosupersaiyan has been part of the inflation community for ten years, and a writer for six. He believes bigger isn’t always better, and shape is more important than size. He enjoys hourglass inflation and floating, and especially likes stories that pay attention to the progression from uninflated to inflated states, and the way the inflatee reacts to the process. He’s a stickler for spelling, grammar, and good story structure and flow.
The tenth Prose that Blows is all about clothing, and specifically, what happens to it when the wearer begins to inflate. All kinds of clothing are welcome, from period dress to cosplay and from haute-couture to workwear but we do want to focus on a few aspects of clothing which are specific to inflation. These are:
Stretchy Clothing: Latex, wetsuits or just clothing which refuses to give up the fight; we want to hear about such things as how your inflatee’s clothing stretches and expands in tune with your inflatee, how that feels and whether it ever reaches its limit.
Squeezy Clothing: Tight, firm and constrictive clothing which can either start to strain and come apart as your inflatee stretches and it won’t, or begins to affect the shape of your inflatee as they bulge out around it. Again, how does the clothing react and how does your inflatee react to such restrictive clothing?
We will have a category for each of these as well as the standard sexiest category and an overall category. We will also have a category for the most creative choice of clothing to allow for any other crazy ideas you fashionistas of inflation have in mind.
Finally we will have a category for clothing destruction which will reward those writers for whom all this catwalk talk is too much and who need to retaliate in the most violent (towards clothes) way possible. So hopefully there is enough there for the fashion forward and plenty to please any fashion victims out there too.
- All the general rules apply. Click here to view them. The special rules for this competition are as follows:
- Your story must contain at least one instance of clothing fitting the ‘stretchy’ or ‘squeezy’ categories above. To avoid misunderstandings, when you submit the story you must also tell us which of the two ‘halves’ of the competition you wish to enter.
- The story must not exceed 1200 words.
- Remember, although the theme is split into two, as always; only one story per entrant.
- Best overall story
- Best squeezy scene (only stories which the authors have told us are ‘squeezy’ will be entered)
- Best stretchy scene (only stories which the authors have told us are ‘stretchy’ will be entered)
- Sexiest Story
- Most creative choice of clothing
- Best scene of clothing destruction
- Due to the split nature of the contest, we’ll have a “soft” submission deadline of the 31st of August 2013. Any story submitted before this deadline which meets the criteria will be accepted. If at the deadline we feel there is a shortage of either squeezy or stretchy stories, we may continue accepting entries in that category only. At any point when we feel we have enough stories, or have waited long enough for them, we may put the polls up with no notice, at which point all further entries will of course be rejected.
- Further dates for open and close of voting will be set by the organizers once submissions has closed.
- Email your entries to email@example.com. Good luck, and happy inflating!