We’ve run a poll for the last 1-2 weeks regarding when PTB4 should take place. Nearly a majority of folks voted to have it right away, before the holiday season gets into full swing. So here we gooooooo…
How the contest works <– recommend you read this again, as it has been updated slightly
Submission deadline: Friday, December 17, 2010, 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time
Voting deadline: Friday, December 31, 2010, 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time
There were 36 votes cast this time around.
Here’s the list of who wrote what. You can find the contest results after the jump.
“Blowing Up Space Girl” – tabackattack
“The Snorkel Technique” – AirGrenade
“An Unusual Favor” – doubleintegral
“Melinda’s Pumpkins” – Dr. Bo
“I’ve Got a Magic Wand” – Pongo
“The Wrong Costume to Wear” – Hfilled
“Sweet Release” – Dragon-6860
“A Boy’s Trick” – ChazuSquishy
“This Only Works Once” – InvizKing
“The Stuff of Legend” – Inflate123
“Bobbing with Apples” – Bahamad
“It Was Only Candy” – TheStoryWriter
“Never Accept Wishes from Demons” – T-Danger
“Haunted House Five: A Duty Dance with Destiny” – Needle Ninja
“A Night at the Carnival” – Noitalfin (more…)
We understand that people get really busy during the Christmas season and may not have time to write stories. In addition, any college students may go home for the holidays and may not have the necessary privacy to get a story done. We want as many people as possible to participate in the contests and don’t want to go out of our way to make it hard to participate.
So, we want your input. Right now we are throwing around three options:
- Maintain our current schedule, beginning PTB4 on December 17 and accepting submissions thru January 14. Results would be posted on January 28.
- Start the contest early, beating the Christmas rush. PTB4 would begin on November 15 and submissions would be due on December 17. Results would be posted on December 31.
- Start the contest late, waiting out the holiday season entirely. PTB4 would begin on January 7, submissions would be due on February 4, and the results would be posted on February 18.
Please go here and tell us what you think. If it doesn’t matter to you, there’s an option for that too.
There were 15 submissions for this contest, an impressive number given the constraints. Go forth, read, and vote!
Voting will end on Monday, November 15 at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time.
- Blowing Up Space Girl
- The Snorkel Technique
- An Unusual Favor
- Melinda’s Pumpkins
- I’ve Got a Magic Wand
- The Wrong Costume to Wear
- Sweet Release
- A Boy’s Trick
- This Only Works Once
- The Stuff of Legend
- Bobbing With Apples
- It Was Only Candy
- Never Accept Wishes from Demons
- Haunted House Five: A Duty Dance with Destiny
- A Night at the Carnival
You are voting on the following categories:
- Best Story
- Sexiest Story
- Most Disturbing Story
- Most Original Idea
All stories will be posted for voting within the next 24 hours.
There were 15 entries this time around.